Subject: [IGSMAIL-2830]: ESA one-hour data
From: "C. Garcia Martinez x2088 A141 gmv/fcsd/oad" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 07:30:15 GMT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      11 May 00:30:22 PDT 2000      Message Number 2830
******************************************************************************

Author: ESOC IGS team
Subject: ESA one-hour data

Dear Colleagues,

In the last weeks we have experienced problems with the data link
to the stations that we download hourly, specially with Perth
and Kourou. The data link has not been available for us permanently
and that caused an irregular data flow. Now a permanent bandwidth 
has been allocated for them and we expect to provide a more
regular contribution again to the IGS Data Centres.

We are also working on back-up systems via Internet to improve the
reliability of the stations. This could make possible the hourly
downloading of new stations like Malindi and Maspalomas, currently
available on a daily basis via dial-up modems.

Best regards.