Subject: [IGSMAIL-276] IGS Anniversary
From: Gerhard Beutler
Date: 21 JUN 1993 10:00:52

IGS Electronic Mail       21-JUN-1993 10:00:52       Message Number 276
***********************************************************************

From: Gerhard Beutler
Subj: IGS Anniversary
---------------------

                                            Bern, 21 June 1993

Dear Colleagues,

One year ago the 1992 IGS Test Campaign began. Since that date we have
a continuous record of IGS operations and of steadily improving results.

It is worthwile to look back to the development of IGS during the last
year.  What we have achieved so far is nothing else but the establishment
of a high quality routine service for geodynamics, geodesy, and surveying.
If all the participants of IGS continue working with the same dedication we
will undoubtedly see very accurate and very reliable IGS products in
future.

At 4 p.m.  this afternoon (about 14:00 GPS Time) we in Bern will therefore
rise our glass to IGS and to all its participants. As it is not possible to
invite you to join our party I would like to thank you for making IGS so
successful last year. Let me also express the hope in the name of the IGS
Oversight Committee that this truly International collaboration will
continue to be as stimulating and fruitful in future as it was until now.

                                                   Yours sincerely

                                                   Gerhard Beutler