Subject: [IGSMAIL-2740]: SINEX Products Status Changes
From: Remi Ferland <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:58:25 EST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      10 Mar 13:02:19 PST 2000      Message Number 2740
******************************************************************************

Author: Remi Ferland

Dear IGS colleagues,

	The main objective of the Reference Frame Working Group 
(RFWG) is to generate the official station coordinates and velocities, 
Earth Rotation Parameters (ERP) and geocenter estimates along with 
the appropriate covariance information. Last year at about the same 
time, the first weekly preliminary SINEX combination were being 
produced. At the last Governing Board meeting in San Francisco, I 
announced the intention to have the preliminary SINEX products, 
become official early this year. In January, following discussions 
within the RFWG it was decided to start the official products with GPS
week 1050. It was also agreed to have the weekly combinations available
no later than 12 days after the end of each week. The RFWG members also
agreed to the change of status. Unless there are objections, we have now
reached that point.

	Tim informed me that he will phase in the alignment of the
final orbit to the SINEX products, starting with GPS week 1051.

	I would like to thank all the RFWG members for providing 
extremely valuable guidance, comments and suggestions.

Best Regards,
Remi,