Subject: [IGSMAIL-2704]: IGS 1999 Technical Reports! Call for Input, v1
From: "Ruth E. Neilan, IGS Central Bureau" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 16:34:44 -0700

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      12 Feb 16:31:28 PST 2000      Message Number 2704
******************************************************************************

Author: IGS Central Bureau

Date: February 12
From: Ruth E. Neilan
To: IGS Contributors
Subject: IGS 1999 Technical Report
Input Submission Date: March 17, 2000  <<<----

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

It is that time again! The IGS 1999 Technical Report process is about to begin.

This year the IGS Annual Report Series will continue with the 
established format of two volumes -- the summary Annual Report of 
about 30 pages, and the in-depth Technical Report with ~250 pages. 
This message solicits your input for the 1999 IGS Technical Report 
(TR). The TR is an in-depth report that documents the key technical 
developments and general status of the IGS components.  It is 
targeted to 'expert' users and IGS components, but freely available 
to anyone.

This year the Central Bureau will again shepherd the production of 
the volume. The IGS TR will be handled in parallel with the Annual 
Report (AR) this year at the request of the Governing Board. Last 
year we did the shorter AR first and the TR afterwards. The TR 
preparation was therefore late. However, the 1998 AR _was_ available 
by the end of June and proved to be a big success in July at the IUGG 
in Birmingham, UK.

The 1998 Technical Reports were finalized in mid-December '99, and 
should be available as hardcopy within the next two weeks to be 
mailed to each of you.

The 1999 IGS Reports will also be published electronically on the IGS 
website. You may see that IGS publications since 1993 are available 
at:
        http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/overview/pubs.html
In addition, the CB is receiving increasing requests for sets of IGS 
documents from university departments and libraries.

Report Details
-------------------

Below you can see the proposed Table of Contents. This being the 
annual report for 1999 please REPORT ONLY FOR THAT YEAR -- however, 
if you did not submit last year, you may prepare a report covering 
both years.

           -->>>>        It is our intent to ensure         <<<<< ---
              that the committed components of the IGS document
              their status, processes and developments annually.

Authors not listed below should feel free to contribute if 
appropriate by  following the guidelines. If a different author than 
listed below will be contributing for your organization, please 
advise the CB so that we may update this table.

			IGS ANNUAL REPORT 1999
			   Technical Reports
                         Proposed Table of Content
                ==========================================

				   Proposed Authors 	   No. of pages
							(guide-line 
MAXIMUM)

Preface	                                TBD      		 1

1. Executive Section
         Governing Board                 Ch. Reigber       	 3
         Central Bureau                  R.Neilan       		 6

2. Analysis Section

         2.1 Analysis Ctr. Coordinator   T. Springer/J. Kouba    40

         2.2 Analysis Centers                            	10 each
                 CODE                    T. Springer
                 ESA                     J. Dow, et al.
                 GFZ                     G.Gendt
                 JPL                     D.Jefferson
                 NOAA                    W. Kass, M.Schenewerk
                 NRCan                   P.Tetrault
                 SIO                     P.Fang

         2.3 Associate Analysis Centers
                 2.31 Rapid Service and Prediction
			USNO		J. Ray/ D.McCarthy       5

		2.32 GNAACs					 5 each
                       - Global Network Associate Analysis Centers
                         Newcastle       K. Nurutdinov
                         MIT             T.Herring
                         JPL             M.Heflin
                 2.33 RNAACs
                       - Regional Network Associate Analysis Centers
                         EUREF           M Becker		 5
			AUS		G. Luton, R.Govind       2
			GIA		J.Freymueller		 2
			GSI		Y. Hatanaka              2
			PGC		H.Dragert		 2
			SIR-DGFI	H.Drewes		 2

	2.4 IERS Contributions (inc.ITRF) C.Boucher/D.Gambis	 5

3. Data Center Section

         3.1 Global Centers                              	10 each
                 CDDIS                   C.Noll
                 IGN                     L.Daniel
                 SIO                     Y. Bock
         3.2 Regional/Operational Centers                	 3 each
		BKG			H.Habrich
                 Others.....             .....

4. Networks and Stations

         4.1 Global/Regional/Local Networks
                 IGS Network Status	A. Moore        	 7
                 AUSLIG			J. Steed/B Twilley       3
		CNES                    L. Duquesne              3
		ESOC                    C.Garcia-Martinez        3
		GfZ                     J. Neumeyer/R. Galas	 3
		JPL			J. Zumberge/ D.Stowers	 3
                 NRCan                   M. Schmidt / R. Duval    3
		UNAVCO			M. Jackson		 3
                 RDAAC                   M. Kogan
		Others  .....           ....

         4.2 Individual Station Reports  ....                 	 1 each

5. Working Groups/Pilot Projects/Committees                      4 each

         Precise Timing (with BIPM)      J.Ray
         Densification of ITRF           R. Ferland
         Troposphere                     G.Gendt
         Ionosphere                      J. Feltens
         LEO                             M.Watkins
         IGEX (with CSTG)                J.Slater/P.Willis
         IGEX Analysis                   R.Weber

6. Miscellaneous Contributions

		INSTRUCTIONS AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

We will refine/clarify details for submitting files for the 1999 
Technical Reports in the very near future. Our super editor Ken Gowey 
will be working with us again this year. Ken has some additional 
improvements to implement in the electronic submission process.  The 
current instructions and submission guidelines outlining the 
preparation of author-produced manuscripts may be obtained at:

        http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/

Click on 'Submission Guidelines' at the bottom of the homepage, note 
that it will be updated in the near future. Please remember that all 
documents will be combined into a single styled volume in the 
traditional IGS format. Any questions can be addressed to Ken Gowey 
at (818) 354-4532 or ([email-masked]).

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated (in advance) and we look 
forward to working with you on this project. Please remember the 
submission deadline is March 17!

Apologies if you receive duplicate copies of this message.

sincerely,

Ruth

Distribution: IGSMail,IGSCB

IGS GB 2000 Dist. List:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Reigber, Christoph ([email-masked])    CHAIR
Beutler, Gerhard   ([email-masked])
Bevis, Mike        ([email-masked])
Blewitt, Geoff     ([email-masked])
Boucher, Claude    ([email-masked])
Bruyninx, Carine   ([email-masked]
Dow, John          ([email-masked])
Engen, Bjorn       ([email-masked])
Feltens, Joachim   ([email-masked])
Ferland, Remi      ([email-masked])
Gendt, Gerd        ([email-masked])
Herring, Thomas    ([email-masked])
Manning, John      ([email-masked])
Neilan, Ruth       ([email-masked])
Noll, Carey        ([email-masked])
Paquet, Paul       ([email-masked])
Ray, Jim           ([email-masked])
Rothacher, Markus  ([email-masked])
Serafin, Bob       ([email-masked])
Springer, Tim      ([email-masked])
Watkins, Michael   ([email-masked])
Zumberge, James    ([email-masked])

Slater, Jim        ([email-masked])
Moore, Angelyn     ([email-masked])

============================================================================
Ruth E. Neilan                    Telephone:     (818)-354-8330
Director, IGS Central Bureau      FAX:           (818)-393-6686
Jet Propulsion Laboratory         E-mail (IGS):  [email-masked]
MS 238-540                        E-mail:        [email-masked]
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA 91109                IGS CBIS:  http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/

Secretary: Carol Lorre / tel:818-354-2077 /email:<carol.lorre @jpl.nasa.gov>
============================================================================