Subject: [IGSMAIL-2699]: Deformation symposium announcement
From: Ken Hudnut <[email-masked]>
To: IGS Mail <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 13:11:01 -0800

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      08 Feb 13:05:17 PST 2000      Message Number 2699
******************************************************************************

Author: Ken Hudnut

You are cordially invited to the 10th International Symposium
on Deformation Measurements, organized by Commission 6 of the
International Federation of Surveyors (FIG) to be held in
Anaheim, California; March 19-22, 2001.

The symposium will emphasize the many recent advances in crustal
deformation studies for both scientific and engineering studies.
Representatives of the international surveying and engineering
communities will attend to learn about the latest in automated
monitoring of large engineered structures, and regional crustal
deformation for earthquake research.

Half page abstracts will be due on October 15, 2000. Full papers
with paid registration will be due on February 15, 2001.

Additional information is available at the following web sites:

The International Federation of Surveyors (FIG) Commission 6 - info:
  http://www.cern.ch/CERN/Divisions/EST/SU/FEDINTGEOM/fig6.html

Fliers for the March 2001 meeting in Anaheim (please fill out the
form on this flier to be put on a mailing list for further details):
  http://www.cern.ch/CERN/Divisions/EST/SU/FEDINTGEOM/WG6-1/Symposium.html
  http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/scign/fig/

To download the file directly in either MS Word or PDF format, click
one of the links listed below (the *.doc file is 78kb and contains
active HTML links; the PDF file is 295kb and links may not work):
  http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/scign/fig/Symposium.doc
  http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/scign/fig/Symposium.pdf

 Kenneth W. Hudnut          mailto:[email-masked]
 USGS, 525 S. Wilson Ave.     Phone: (626)583-7232
 Pasadena, California 91106   FAX:   (626)583-7827
       http://www-socal.wr.usgs.gov/hudnut/