Subject: [IGSMAIL-2696]: Postdoctoral Fellowship Position Available
From: Richard Langley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:29:54 -0400 (AST)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      07 Feb 07:29:58 PST 2000      Message Number 2696
******************************************************************************

Author: Richard B. Langley

Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Department of
Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering <http://www.unb.ca/GGE/> at the University
of New Brunswick <http://www.unb.ca/>.

Candidates must have a Ph.D. in geodesy, geomatics engineering, aerospace
engineering, physics or a related field and relevant experience and expertise
in one or more of the following areas:

- global navigation satellite systems (Global Positioning System and GLONASS)
- satellite-based augmentation systems (WAAS) 
- development of filtering and modelling techniques in satellite navigation
  and positioning 
- processing and analysis of GPS data using precise positioning software.

Experience in modelling the effect of the atmosphere (troposphere and/or
ionosphere) on GPS or other space geodetic techniques would be an advantage.  
Familiarity with Windows and UNIX operating systems and a high-level
programming language is required as is fluency in English.

The fellow will become part of the satellite navigation and positioning
research group at the University of New Brunswick and will contribute to our
work in helping to develop the Canadian component of the Wide Area
Augmentation System.

The position is available immediately.  The initial appointment is for one
year, with reappointment subject to available funding.

Further details are available from Prof. Richard Langley ([email-masked];
http://www.unb.ca/GGE/Personnel/Langley/Langley.html).

Applicants should send their CV (including list of publications) together with
the names and addresses of three referees to

Prof. Richard B. Langley
Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering
University of New Brunswick
P.O. Box 4400 / 15 Dineen Drive
Fredericton, N.B.  E3B 5A3
Canada

Fax: +1-506-453-4943

=============================================================================== 
 Richard B. Langley                            E-mail: [email-masked]  
 Geodetic Research Laboratory                  Web: http://www.unb.ca/GGE/
 Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering    Phone:    +1 506 453-5142      
 University of New Brunswick                   Fax:      +1 506 453-4943      
 Fredericton, N.B., Canada  E3B 5A3        
     Fredericton?  Where's that?  See: http://www.city.fredericton.nb.ca/
===============================================================================