Subject: [IGSMAIL-2687]: Analysis Workshop, Sept. 2000
From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 8:49:33 EST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      26 Jan 05:49:31 PST 2000      Message Number 2687
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray

                      IGS Analysis Center Workshop
                         U.S. Naval Observatory
                          Washington, DC, USA

                  during week of 25-29 September 2000

At the Fall AGU Meeting last month, several representatives of the IGS
Analysis Centers discussed preliminary plans for the next AC Workshop.
A 3.5-day meeting sometime during the week of 25-29 September 2000 was
accepted.  (It is possible that an additional day or so might be added
later to focus on time tranfer topics.)  For your information, that week
follows the ION GPS meeting in Salt Lake City and the 10th WEGENER General
Assembly in Cadiz, Spain.  This message is being sent to allow advance
travel planning for those who might be interested in attending.

Our thoughts for the workshop agenda include the following possible major
themes, which would fill about 1 day each:

  * IGS Ultra-Rapid products and their use for atmospheric sounding

  * IGS/BIPM timing project (possibly accompanied by a splinter meeting
    with representatives of the timing labs to discuss non-analysis
    issues, if there is sufficient interest)

Minor themes (1/2 day each, or less) might include:

  * Integration of GLONASS into the IGS
    (coordinated with the new IGEX working group)

  * Possible role of the IGS in GALILEO (???)
    (analysis and user issues)

  * AC innovations
    (to supplement the usual AC posters this will allow special emphasis on
     new developments by the ACs of special interest)

  * GPS system operations and spacecraft developments (???)
    (issues such as the increase in the number of satellites subjected
     to attitude thrusting, new signal structures proposed, policy
     changes, etc.)

As usual, position papers on the broader topics will be solicited and
distributed before the workshop.

Best regards,
--Jim