Subject: [IGSMAIL-2681]: COSPAR PSD/CSTG Symposium: abstracts by 31 January
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:03:12 +0100

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      24 Jan 00:10:20 PST 2000      Message Number 2681
******************************************************************************

Author: John M. Dow and G. Beutler
Subject: COSPAR PSD/CSTG Symposium: abstracts by 31 January

We would like to draw your attention to the Call for Abstract Proposals for
the symposium  "New Trends in Satellite Geodesy", which is being organised
jointly by the COSPAR Technical Panel on Satellite Dynamics and the
IAG/COSPAR Commission for International Coordination  of Space Techniques
for Geodesy and Geodynamics (CSTG). The symposium takes place from 17
to 19 July 2000 in Warsaw, Poland.

The convenors of the meeting are J. Dow and G. Beutler, IAG Representative is
H. Drewes, and  the Programme Committee includes in addition R. Kolenkiewicz,
P. Moore, E. Pavlis, L. Sehnal, P. Visser, P. Willis and J. Zielinski.

Abstracts are being solicited in relevant areas including:

1. Current and Future Space Geodetic Missions (Pavlis)
2. Ocean Surface Modelling from Satellite Altimetry (Moore/Visser)
3. Space Geodetic Techniques and Services (Drewes)
4. Reference Frames and Earth Rotation (Beutler)
5. Satellite Navigation, POD and Scientific Applications (Willis/Kolenkiewicz)
6. Orbital Motion and Satellite Dynamics (Dow/Zielinski)

Confirmed invited speakers so far include Z. Altamimi, A. Brezinski, V. Dehant,
D. Gambis,  A.-M. Gontier, R. Langley, Y. Menard, R. Neilan, Ch. Reigber,
D.E. Smith, H. Suenkel, B. Tapley.

Additional abstracts can be submitted up to 31 January 2000. Full information
on the procedure for submission and further details on the Assembly are provided
in the COSPAR  web page at

                        http://www.copernicus.org/COSPAR/COSPAR.html

and in the COSPAR Bulletin, Number 145, August 1999.

The symposium proceedings, including invited and contributed papers, will be
published in a dedicated volume of Advances in Space Research, which is the
refereed journal of COSPAR.

We look forward to your active participation. The usual apologies if you receive
his note more than once.

Best regards,
John M. Dow ([email-masked]) and G. Beutler ([email-masked]).