Subject: [IGSMAIL-2675]: Reader/Lecturer vacancy
From: Peter Clarke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:26:24 GMT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      18 Jan 04:26:29 PST 2000      Message Number 2675
******************************************************************************

Author: P.J. Clarke
Subject: Reader/Lecturer vacancy

[With apologies to those who receive multiple copies via different email 
lists.  Please pass this on to relevant interested parties, and communicate 
any formal or informal enquiries directly the appropriate address below.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE

DEPARTMENT OF GEOMATICS

Reader / Lecturer 

The Department of Geomatics has a vacancy for a member of academic
staff at Reader or Lecturer level.  Applicants should have research
and teaching experience in any aspect of Geomatics but must be able to
make a significant contribution to one of the two main themes of
research in the department:  (i) geospatial data acquisition,
modelling and management and (ii) space geodesy and geodynamics. 
Applicants specialising in the metric aspects of very high resolution
remotely sensed imagery or other similar ground or satellite based
technologies such as laser scanning would be especially welcome.

The department currently has 11 academic and research staff, six
technical and 3 clerical support staff.  It has two research groups,
focussing on the themes above, supporting 20 postgraduate researchers.
In the last UK Research Assessment Exercise the department was
awarded a grade 4.  The department offers two undergraduate degree
programmes, one in Surveying and Mapping Science and the other in
Geographic Information Science which together produce some 40
graduates per year.

The university salary scales are £31,563 - £35,670 for Readers and
£17,238 - £30,065 for Lecturers

For an informal discussion about this post please contact Professor
David Parker (tel: 0191 222 6447, e-mail: [email-masked]).

For further information on how to apply please telephone 0191 222 8834
(24 hour answerphone) quoting reference C066A or write to Human
Resources Section (C066A), University of Newcastle, 1 Park Terrace,
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU.

Closing date for applications will be 3rd March 2000