Subject: [IGSMAIL-267] DIFFICULTIES AT TROMSOE
From: George Preiss
Date: 4 JUN 1993 16:40:26

IGS Electronic Mail        4-JUN-1993 16:40:26       Message Number 267
***********************************************************************

From: George Preiss
Subj: DIFFICULTIES AT TROMSOE
-----------------------------

Dated: 1111 UTC, Fri Jun 4 1993                       My reference:  E183/93

*** Please quote my reference in replies ***

NOTE NEW TELEPHONE NUMBERS WHICH BECAME EFFECTIVE 3 JUNE 1993
*************************************************************

TROMSOE PROBLEMS

During Tuesday 1 June 1993, the Tromsoe GPS tracking station failed. All
indications at the moment are that the clock requires to be replaced, and we
hope to have completed this by early next week. We have a replacement clock
which is at this moment being packed here in Honefoss for air-freighting from
Oslo to Tromsoe at the earliest opportunity.

Summarising data availability from Tromsoe:

      Tuesday 1 June:         some tracking data.
      Wednesday 2 June:       no tracking data
      Thursday 3 June:        no tracking data
      Friday 4 June (so far): no tracking data

We repeat, we do not expect to log any successful tracking data at Tromsoe
until the clock is replaced early next week.

Best regards,

George Preiss

===========================================================================
George Preiss                                
-------------

Geodetic Institute              Voice:       +47-32118393
Norwegian Mapping Authority     Switchboard: +47-32118100
(Statens Kartverk)              Telefax:     +47-32118101
Kartverksveien                  Telex:       79636 KARTV-N
N-3500 HONEFOSS                 E-Mail:      [email-masked]
Norway                          Home:        +47-32142667   
                                    
Local Time:                     UTC plus 1 hour (winter)
                                UTC plus 2 hours (summer)

Normal Office Hours:            0800 to 1600 hours local
===========================================================================