Subject: [IGSMAIL-2668]: Changes at WSRT (Westerbork, the Netherlands)
From: Boudewijn Ambrosius <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:49:16 +0100 (MET)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      11 Jan 13:49:22 PST 2000      Message Number 2668
******************************************************************************

Author: Boudewijn Ambrosius & Danny van Loon (DEOS/DUT)

On January 5th, 2000, around 14:00 UT, the ROGUE SNR-12 RM (nr. 209)
at station WSRT (Westerbork, the Netherlands) was replaced by an 
AOA SNR-12 ACT (nr. 225) receiver. This reflects our continuous efforts
to establish the WSRT station as a high quality replacement for the
KOSG station, which is still operational, but which may be phased out
sometime in the future. We hope the WSRT station will eventually take
over the role as the principal IGS reference point in the Netherlands
from the highly successful KOSG station, which has been operational for
almost 10 years now. Once again, we urge all analysis centers to
include the WSRT station in their primary networks, since it has been
dedicated to become the fundamental geodetic reference point in the
Netherlands, replacing KOSG.

The last few hours of tracking data from the SNR-12 receiver of WSRT
on day 5 have NOT been distributed to IGS to avoid data incompatibility.
Therefore only a partial file with data from the new ACT receiver on
that day was submitted. Since then, full daily files have been submitted
for subsequent days, including the C1 data type.

Around the same time, the reciever was changed, the H-MASER frequency
standard at WSRT broke down. After this was noticed on January 6th,
the external H-MASER was disconnected and the receiver was temporarily
reconfigured to run from its internal oscillator in clock steering mode
on January 6th, at about 16:00 UT. We hope the H-MASER will soon be
repaired after which it will be reconnected.

The above changes are reflected in an updated site log, which will be
submitted later today.

Boudewijn and Danny