Subject: [IGSMAIL-2660]: Only few Y2K problems!
From: Tim Springer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (IGS Mailbox)
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 17:35:03 +0100 (MET)

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      01 Jan 08:35:07 PST 2000      Message Number 2660
******************************************************************************

Author: T.A. Springer

Dear IGS colleagues,

Let me first of all wish you a very happy New Year!

Next I would like to compliment all the different IGS components
on functioning very well despite the predicted difficulties with the
year "roll-over".

Today 5 out of 8 IGS Analysis Centers profided their rapid orbit 
solutions just as on any ordinary day. This is a clear indication that
all IGS components are in good working order.

I would like to thank all individual who have made this possible!
I now many of you have been working "overtime" today (January 1) and 
yesterday to make this success possible. 

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Many greetings,
           Tim Springer
           AC Coordinator

ps. I hope tomorrow (when we will process the data of January 1) will be
    just as successfull!

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Tim Springer                      Astronomical Institute, University of Berne 
 [email-masked]            Sidlerstrasse 5, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland  
 http://www.cx.unibe.ch/aiub/      Tel: +41 31 6318592    Fax: +41 31 6313869
 ftp://ftp.unibe.ch/aiub
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------