Subject: [IGSMAIL-2657]: Access to CBIS www
From: Angelyn Moore
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:31:59 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      30 Dec 09:31:59 PST 1999      Message Number 2657
******************************************************************************

Author: Angelyn Moore

Well, IGS Colleagues, certain among you are undoubtedly wondering why
you cannot connect to this fine new www server this morning.  I've just
spoken with JPL network operations and it turns out they blocked all
www access to JPL computers as of 5 pm Wednesday.  They confirmed there
had been no announcement of this.  I am contacting my Y2K representative
and asking her to inform me of what is going on, including when they
will unblock it.

Products, SINEX template, site logs, etc are available via ftp, which
is still going strong, and they purportedly do not plan to turn off.
If you need something which is on www, and you cannot find it in the
ftp area, let me know and I will make it available for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience; I am as surprised as you are!
Angie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Angelyn W. Moore, Ph.D.              Deputy Director, IGS Central Bureau
 JPL/Caltech                                 [email-masked]
 4800 Oak Grove Dr. MS 238-540                     voice: +1 818 354 5434
 Pasadena CA 91109 USA   http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov   fax: +1 818 393 6686