Subject: [IGSMAIL-2654]: Update on CDDIS Computer Facility
From: Carey Noll <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 19:56:59 -0500

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      29 Dec 16:57:00 PST 1999      Message Number 2654
******************************************************************************

Author: Carey Noll/CDDIS 

Unfortunately, the upgrade of the CDDIS computer cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov
continues to be plagued with problems.  Therefore, I have recommended
to our IGS data sources that we now go to the hourly and daily backup
data plans outlined in IGSMail message 2634.  Both SIO and IGN have
indicated they are ready now to accept data and will be up and running
over the Y2K weekend.  Furthermore, JPL will have data on-line for
user access as outlined in IGSMail 2644.  We are very sorry about this
confusion and inavailability/unreliability of our CDDIS computer
systems.  I will keep the community informed as more information is
available. We can only hope things will be better with the new year! 

Regards (and Happy New Year),
Carey.