Subject: [IGSMAIL-2637] recent USNO data events
From: Jim Ray
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:40:25 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Dec 21 10:40:25 PST 1999      Message Number 2637
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray
Subject: recent USNO data events

Since being installed on 29 November 1999, the USNO receiver (AOA SNR-12
ACT S/N 246-U) has continued to experience spontaneous failures.  The
events since that time are summarized below:

  05-DEC-1999 ~00:20 UTC -- receiver stopped tracking
  06-DEC-1999 ~12:00 UTC -- receiver manually restarted

  07-DEC-1999 ~00:20 UTC -- receiver stopped tracking
  08-DEC-1999 ~11:40 UTC -- receiver manually restarted

  14-DEC-1999 ~00:30 UTC -- internal clock reset itself by ~ -1808.6 ns;
                            the receiver kept tracking OK

  18-DEC-1999 ~00:19 UTC -- receiver stopped tracking
  20-DEC-1999 ~12:33 UTC -- receiver manually restarted

We apologize for the continuing data interruptions.  The problem is
known to be precipitated by the data offload process, but a fix is
not available yet.  Efforts are underway to implement a workaround
as soon as possible.

=========================================================================
Jim Ray                                   e-mail: [email-masked]
U.S. Naval Observatory, EO Dept.          phone : 202-762-1444
3450 Massachusetts Avenue, NW             fax   : 202-762-1563
Washington, DC  20392-5420
=========================================================================

[Mailed From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>]