Subject: [IGSMAIL-2634] More info on CDDIS downtime over New Year's weekend
From: Carey Noll/CDDIS
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:47:42 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Dec 17 10:47:42 PST 1999      Message Number 2634
******************************************************************************

Author: Carey Noll/CDDIS 
Subject: More info on CDDIS downtime over New Year's weekend

Subject: More info on CDDIS downtime over New Year's weekend

Dear Colleagues,

    As was reported in IGSMail message 2619, the CDDIS computer
facilities (hosts cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov and cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov) will
be shut down over the New Year's weekend due to GSFC Y2K safety
precautions. The systems will be shut down ~05:00 p.m. (EST) on
Thursday, December 30, 1999 and will return to service ~08:00 a.m. on
Monday, January 03, 2000.  Both the global data centers at IGN and at
SIO are planning to remain up and running during this time. SIO will
get and receive a majority of the daily data files normally put to
CDDIS each day.  Their archive can be accessed at host lox.ucsd.edu
(132.239.152.86).  IGN will get and receive the hourly data files
normally put to CDDIS each hour.  Their archive can be accessed at
host igs.ensg.igs.fr (195.220.92.10). 

    Once again, we at the CDDIS regret all the problems this outage is
causing our user community.  We will send out an IGSMail on Jan. 03
informing the community of our current status.  Please feel free to
contact Carey ([email-masked]) should you have any questions
about this shutdown.  We wish you all a happy holiday season. 

Best Regards,
Carey.

[Mailed From: Carey Noll <[email-masked]>]