Subject: [IGSMAIL-2626] Abstracts for EGS-2000
From: W. Gurtner and V. Glotov
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 9:42:08 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Dec 13  9:42:08 PST 1999      Message Number 2626
******************************************************************************

Author: W. Gurtner and V. Glotov
Subject: Abstracts for EGS-2000

Dear colleagues,

we would like to remind you of the Symposium G2/04: GPS/GLONASS
                                   ****************************
at the 25th General Assembly of EGS in Nice (25-29 April 2000).

Session description
-------------------

The global GPS/GLONASS observation campaign IGEX-98 1998/1999 was the
first opportunity to verify the potential of a combined GPS/GLONASS satellite
system for precise regional and global positioning using high-quality
dual-frequency code and carrier phase receivers and state-of-the-art data
processing including orbit improvements, even in combination with satellite
laser ranging. On the other end of the spectrum recent developments showed the
benefit of increasing the number of simultaneously observable satellites by
including GLONASS satellites into the tracking scenario for realtime kinematic
surveys. The session should serve as a platform to demonstrate all those areas
where precise geodetic positioning for geodynamical applications can be
improved by extending the procedures to the GLONASS satellite system.

   ****************************************************************
   *                                                              *
   * THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTAL OF ABSTRACTS IS 15 DECEMBER 1999! *
   *                                                              *
   ****************************************************************

For electronic submission of abstracts and formatting guidelines consult
http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/egsga/41.htm

E-mail correctly formatted abstracts or corresponding PostScript, PDF,
LaTeX or ASCII files to the EGS Office with copies to both conveners
([email-masked], [email-masked]).

W. Gurtner, V. Glotov

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (WERNER GURTNER)]