Subject: [IGSMAIL-2625] Y2K Test Data
From: CODE AC Team
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 7:50:42 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Dec 13  7:50:42 PST 1999      Message Number 2625
******************************************************************************

Author: CODE AC Team
Subject: Y2K Test Data

Dear colleagues,

for testing of the Y2K compatibility of our software we prepared a Y2K test
example which we make available at our anonymous ftp. You may download the
data from the server

         ubeclu.unibe.ch [130.92.6.11]

After connecting proceed as follows:

         cd aiub$ftp
         cd bswuser/examples/y2ktst

In this directory you find the following tree:

      --+-- ORB      orbit files in SP3 format
        | 
        +-- RAW      uncompressed RINEX observation files
        |
        +-- RAW_Z    Hatanaka-compressed RINEX observation files
        |
        +-- IERS     Pole files in IERS format

Other files and directories in the tree may be ignored by 
non-Bernese GPS Software users.

The data consists of GPS observations for a regional network (6 european
stations) for Feb. 29 and Mar. 1, 2000. Based on a simulated satellite
constellation code and phase observations were simulated with 1mm of noise in
zerodifference L1 in the zenith, a 1/cosZ elevation dependent noise
characteristic, and a ratio of phase noise to code noise of 1/100. The 30
second data does not contain cycle slips.

The simulation includes the Saastamoinen troposphere model and a smooth
ionospheric signal. Elevation cutoff angle is 10 degrees. The antenna type
SIMULA shows neither offsets nor elevation dependent variations (exacly what
all of us would like to have).

Best regards

The CODE AC Team

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (Stefan Schaer)]