Subject: [IGSMAIL-2624] Tenth General Assembly of the WEGENER Project
From: J. Garate
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 6:32:10 PST

IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Dec 13  6:32:10 PST 1999      Message Number 2624
******************************************************************************

Author: J. Garate
Subject: Tenth General Assembly of the WEGENER Project: First Circular

                                     First Announcement

                    Tenth General Assembly of the Wegener Project 
  
                                      WEGENER 2000
                                
                              San Fernando, Cadiz, Spain

                                  September 18-22, 2000

The Tenth General Assembly of the Working group of European Geoscientists
for the Establishment of Networks for Earth-science Research (WEGENER),
organized by the International Association of Geodesy, will be held on
September 18-22,  2000 hosted by
  
Real Instituto y Observatorio de la Armada en San Fernando 
  
and will take place in San Fernando, Cadiz, Spain

Program Committee:

Prof. Susanna Zerbini, President of WEGENER.
Dr. Hans-Peter Plag, Chairman of WEGENER Science Advisory Committee.
Dr. Bernd Richter, Chairman of WEGENER Technology Committee.
Dr. Luisa Bastos, Member of WEGENER Board.
Dr. Jose Martin Davila, Lt. Cdr. Head of ROA Geophysical Section.
Dr. Michael Pearlman, Member of WEGENER Board.

Local Committee:

Dr. Rafael Boloix, Captain, Director of the San Fernando Observatory.
Jorge Garate, Lt. Cdr. Head of ROA Satellites Service.
Pedro Perez, 1st. Obs. San Fernando Observatory Satellites Service.
Juan Fernandez, 1st. Obs. San Fernando Observatory Satellites Service.

MEETING EMPHASIS.
  
WEGENER was established in the early 1980s, and today has three main
scientific objectives:

-to study the three-dimensional deformations and gravity along the
African-Eurasian plate boundaries and in the adjacent deformation zones in
order to contribute to a better understanding of the associated
geodynamical processes;

-to monitor the three-dimensional deformations in a large region centered
around Fennoscandia in order to determine the magnitude and extent of the
present-day postglacial rebound in that area thereby extending our
knowledge about the viscoelastic properties of the Earth;

-to investigate height and sea-level variations in order to identify and
separate the processes contributing to these variations.
All researchers working on different areas related to those objectives are
invited to participate in the WEGENER 2000. Besides the presentation of
papers in the scientific areas of interest to WEGENER, the scientific
program will include invited as well as contributed papers.

A Second Announcement, with details of the Program as well as the dead line
for submission of abstracts, will be sent on February 2000, only to those
who return, not later than 20 January 2000, the attached pre-registration
form, via ordinary or electronic mail,to the address [email-masked]

You can find additional information  at 
  
http://www.roa.es/wegener.html 

  
  
WEGENER 2000 
Real Instituto y Observatorio de la Armada
Cecilio Pujazon s/n
11110 San Fernando (Cadiz)
SPAIN

Tel: 34 956 599367
Fax: 34 956 599366
E_mail: [email-masked]
http://www.roa.es/wegener.html 
  
Since I am submitting this first circular via different email address
lists, you can receive it more than once. I apologize for such inconvenience.

Looking forward to see you at San Fernando,

  

  

  
****************************************************************************
Jorge Garate                                               Ph   34 956 59
93 67
Satellites Service Head                                Fax 34 956 59 93 66
Real Instituto y Observatorio de la Armada
Cecilio Pujazon sn                                    email: [email-masked]
11110 San Fernando. Cadiz. SPAIN
****************************************************************************

****************************************************************************
Jorge Garate				Ph  34 956 59 93 67
Satellites Service Head			Fax 34 956 59 93 66
Real Instituto y Observatorio de la Armada
Cecilio Pujazon sn		        email: [email-masked]
11110 San Fernando. Cadiz. SPAIN
****************************************************************************

[Mailed From: [email-masked]]