Subject: [IGSMAIL-2619] CDDIS Plans for New Year's Weekend
From: Carey Noll/CDDIS and Angie Moore/IGSCB
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:40:49 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Dec 10 10:40:49 PST 1999      Message Number 2619
******************************************************************************

Author: Carey Noll/CDDIS and Angie Moore/IGSCB
Subject: CDDIS Plans for New Year's Weekend

Dear Colleagues,

    The CDDIS computer facilities (hosts cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov
and cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov) will be shut down over the New Year's weekend
due to GSFC Y2K precautionary mandates.  The systems will be shut down
~05:00 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, December 30, 1999 and will return to
service ~08:00 a.m. on Monday, January 03, 2000.  Both IGN
(igs.ensg.ign.fr) and SIO (lox.ucsd.edu) are planning to remain up and
running during this time.  Therefore, we have been making backup plans
to have data that normally flows to CDDIS flow to these institutions for
the time period of our outage. 

    The CBIS expects to be operational during this period, and you may
contact Angie at [email-masked] if you experience any
problems.  The list of Operational and Regional Data Centers at
http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/organization/centers.html may also provide
some helpful links. 

    We at the CDDIS regret all the problems this outage is causing and
the delay in sending this notice out.  We continued to hope that our
systems could remain up and running but now feel it will be safer for
the equipment to take them down since no one will be allowed on base
should an emergency occur. Please feel free to contact Carey
([email-masked]) should you have any questions about this
shutdown. 

Best Regards and Happy Holidays,
Carey and Angie.

[Mailed From: Carey Noll <[email-masked]>]