Subject: [IGSMAIL-2618] 33rd COSPAR Scientific Assembly, Warsaw, July 2000
From: John M. Dow and Gerhard Beutler
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 0:28:53 PST

IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Dec 10  0:28:53 PST 1999      Message Number 2618
******************************************************************************

Author: John M. Dow and Gerhard Beutler
Subject: 33rd COSPAR Scientific Assembly, Warsaw, July 2000: New Trends in

Subject: 33rd COSPAR Scientific Assembly, Warsaw, July 2000: New Trends in
Satellite Geodesy

We would like to draw your attention to the Call for Abstract Proposals for
 the symposium
"New Trends in Satellite Geodesy", which is being organised jointly by the
COSPAR Technical
Panel on Satellite Dynamics and the IAG/COSPAR Commission for International
 Coordination
of Space Techniques for Geodesy and Geodynamics (CSTG). The symposium takes
 place
 from 17 to 19 July 2000 in Warsaw, Poland.

The convenors of the meeting are J. Dow and G. Beutler, IAG Representative
is H. Drewes, and
 the Programme Committee includes in addition R. Kolenkiewicz, P. Moore, E.
Pavlis, L. Sehnal,
P. Visser, P. Willis and J. Zielinski.

Abstracts are being sollicited in relevant areas including:

- current and future space missions for Earth observation and science;
- ocean surface modelling from satellite altimetry;
- space geodetic techniques and services;
- reference frames and Earth rotation;
- precise orbit determination for navigation satellite systems;
- GLONASS (e.g. evaluation of IGEX data);
- non-conservative forces (GPS/GLONASS, ...);
- spaceborne applications of GPS/GLONASS, including atmospheric sounding;
- combination of space geodetic techniques;
- theory of orbital motion and spacecraft attitude dynamics.

Abstracts are due by 10 January 2000. Full information on the procedure for
submission and
further details on the Assembly are provided in the COSPAR web page at

                        http://www.copernicus.org/COSPAR/COSPAR.html

and in the COSPAR Bulletin, Number 145, August 1999.

The symposium proceedings, including invited and contributed papers, will
be published in a
dedicated volume of Advances in Space Research, which is the refereed
journal of COSPAR.

We look forward to your active participation.

Best regards,
John M. Dow and G. Beutler.

[Mailed From: ESA]