Subject: [IGSMAIL-261] NY ALESUND SITE OFFSETS
From: George Preiss
Date: 25 MAY 1993 17:30:01

***********************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail       25-MAY-1993 17:30:01       Message Number 261
***********************************************************************

From: George Preiss
Subj: NY ALESUND SITE OFFSETS
-----------------------------

Dated: 0836 UTC, Tue May 25 1993                      My reference:  E177/93

*** Please quote my reference in replies ***

NOTE NEW TELEPHONE NUMBERS FROM 3 JUNE 1993
*******************************************

NY ALESUND OFFSETS

There have been a number of different sets of numbers quoted from time to time
concerning the position of the antenna at our Ny Alesund site, and we wish to
clarify this authoritatively. 

FOR THE GIG CAMPAIGN JANUARY/FEBRUARY 1991:

      Horizontal offset NORTH:            0.004 metres
      Horizontal offset WEST:             0.001 metres
      Vertical offsets:
            To Choke Ring Bottom (BCR):   5.203 metres
            To Choke Ring Top (TCR):      5.273 metres

FROM NOVEMBER 1991 TO THE PRESENT DAY:

      Horizontal offset NORTH:            0.004 metres
      Horizontal offset WEST:             0.001 metres
      Vertical offsets:
            To Choke Ring Bottom (BCR):   5.216 metres
            To Choke Ring Top (TCR):      5.286 metres

We also confirm that when the antenna was re-erected late in 1992, it was
replaced in exactly the same position with the same offsets as above shown.

This information was provided by Oddgeir Kristiansen.

With best regards,

George Preiss

===========================================================================
George Preiss                                
-------------                                               NEW PHONE NOS
                                             Current        From 3 June 93
                                             ------------   --------------

Geodetic Institute              Voice:       +47-67-18393   +47-32118393
Norwegian Mapping Authority     Switchboard: +47-67-18100   +47-32118100
(Statens Kartverk)              Telefax:     +47-67-18101   +47-32118101
Kartverksveien                  Telex:       79636 KARTV-N
N-3500 HONEFOSS                 E-Mail:      [email-masked]
Norway                          Home:        +47-67-42667   +47-32142667   
                                    
Local Time:                     UTC plus 1 hour (winter)
                                UTC plus 2 hours (summer)

Normal Office Hours:            0800 to 1600 hours local
===========================================================================