Subject: [IGSMAIL-2600] Senior Position Available at SOPAC/CSRC
From: Yehuda Bock
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:17:15 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Nov 30 16:17:15 PST 1999      Message Number 2600
******************************************************************************

Author: Yehuda Bock
Subject: Senior Position Available at SOPAC/CSRC

Subject: Senior Position Available at SOPAC/CSRC

We are looking for a Computer Operations Manager for the Scripps Orbit 
and Permanent Array Center (SOPAC) and the new California Spatial 
Reference Center (CSRC). This is a permanent, management-level position 
at the Cecil H. and Ida M. Green Institute of Geophysics and Planetary 
Physics, Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla, California. We 
hope to fill this position as early as January 15, 2000.

The individual will be responsible for:
(1) Computer operations and technical support for over 1000 
international/national/state of California/local hosts and users.
(2) Systems administration, database management and complex (Web- and 
ftp-based) application services for the collection, archive, and processing of 
Global Positioning System (GPS) data and satellite Synthetic Aperture 
Radar (SAR) images for these users.
(3) Installation, administration, and planning of a complex computer 
network, hosting multiple complex software installations (including Oracle 
Enterprise Server, Oracle Application Server, Web DB, Veritas Volume 
Management, Veritas FirstWatch).
(4) Supervision of a data warehouse (over 1 TB in volume) system and 
application development team servicing the user group above.
(5) Managing multiple archiving projects and information storage projects 
effecting worldwide user group.
(6) Consulting for multiple institutions worldwide on GPS and SAR data 
collection, archiving strategies and information storage.
(7) Preparation and presentation of talks and reports on data archiving 
strategies at national and international meetings.
(8) Participation on working groups for national and international groups.
(9) Supervision of 3 career employees.

For additional information about SOPAC and CSRC, see 
http://lox.ucsd.edu/ and http://csrc.ucsd.edu/.

An official UCSD announcement of this position, application procedures, 
and university hiring policies will be available by next week from 
http://joblink.ucsd.edu/bulletin/prog_jobs.html.

The salary range is $55,800-$77,100, and salary will be 
determined on the basis of experience, qualifications, and recommendations. 

Inquiries about this position should be sent to Yehuda Bock 
([email-masked]). 

[Mailed From: Yehuda Bock <[email-masked]>]