Subject: [IGSMAIL-2598] USNO receiver change
From: Jim Ray
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 8:38:27 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Nov 29  8:38:27 PST 1999      Message Number 2598
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray
Subject: USNO receiver change

Today, 29 November 1999, the USNO receiver at the U.S. Naval Observatory,
Washington, DC, USA was replaced.  The AOA SNR-12 ACT (s/n 245-U) was
replaced with an equivalent model, s/n 246-U.  No other changes were made.

We have experienced numerous problems with the previous unit resulting in
substantial data loss.  The last day that any data was sent to the IGS
was 24 November 1999 (doy 328), which contained only 12 minutes.  The last
full day of data was 23 November.

An updated site log is being sent to the IGS Central Bureau.

=========================================================================
Jim Ray                                   e-mail: [email-masked]
U.S. Naval Observatory, EO Dept.          phone : 202-762-1444
3450 Massachusetts Avenue, NW             fax   : 202-762-1563
Washington, DC  20392-5420
=========================================================================

[Mailed From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>]