Subject: [IGSMAIL-2592] IGS Honors Announcement
From: Christoph Reigber
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 7:51:32 PST

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Nov 24  7:51:32 PST 1999      Message Number 2592
******************************************************************************

Author: Christoph Reigber
Subject: IGS Honors Announcement

Dear Colleagues,

It is my pleasure to announce an IGS Honors Meeting at the AGU to
recognize IGS Governing Board members who are retiring from the IGS
Governing Board this December.  You are cordially invited to join a
celebration on Tuesday evening  December 14 as we honor the following
people:

   Yehuda Bock    (Chair, IGS Infrastructure Committee, 97-99)
   Jan Kouba      (Analysis Center Coordinator, 93-98)
   Bill Melbourne (IGS Planning Committee 1989-1991)
   Ivan Mueller   (Head, IGS Planning Committee 1989-1991)

One can see that both Ivan Mueller and Bill Melbourne were involved in
the early initiative to form a cooperative international GPS network.
What they envisioned a decade ago has thankfully become a reality
today. Remarkably, all of the gentlemen above were members of the IGS
Oversight Committee from 1991-1993, successfully planning and
executing the IGS Pilot Project in 1992. And each of these men have
served on the Governing Board since 1994 when the IGS was officially
established. So this departure from the Governing Board marks a
historic change within the IGS as some of the early founders are
departing to seek new adventures.

Please join us for this honors celebration! The reception will be
held at the

              Argent Hotel
              50 Third Street
              San Francisco, CA 94103
              Tel: 415-974-6400
              Fax: 415-543-8268

              7:30 - 10:30 PM
          Tuesday, December 14, 1999

The Argent Hotel is located one block from Moscone Center and the
Center for the Arts. Signs in the hotel lobby will provide directions
to the room location. Arrangements are being made by the Central
Bureau.

To defray costs of the room and plentiful hors d'oeuvres, the Central
Bureau requests each person to contribute at least $10 at the door. A
no-host full bar will be available. The atmosphere will be informal
as we toast and roast these gentlemen remembering their years of
service to the IGS.

So that we may ensure final planning numbers, can you please RSVP your
intention to attend as soon as possible? And certainly by Wednesday,
December 8 by replying to this message.

Looking forward to seeing you in San Francisco,

Best regards,

Christoph Reigber
Chair IGS Governing Board

cc: IGS Governing Board
IGS Associate Members

====================================================
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr.-Ing. E.h. Christoph Reigber
GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam (GFZ)
Division 1: Kinematics & Dynamics of the Earth
Telegrafenberg A 17, D-14473 Potsdam, Germany
phone:  +49 (0)331 288-1100
fax:    +49 (0)331 288-1111
e-mail: [email-masked]
www:    http://www.gfz-potsdam.de/
====================================================

[Mailed From: "Prof. Christoph Reigber" <[email-masked]>]