Subject: [IGSMAIL-2547] SOPAC Archive Downtime for 1TB enhancement
From: Jeff Dean, Yehuda Bock
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 18:18:26 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Oct 28 18:18:26 PDT 1999      Message Number 2547
******************************************************************************

Author: Jeff Dean, Yehuda Bock
Subject: SOPAC Archive Downtime for 1TB enhancement

Subject: SOPAC Archive Downtime for 1TB enhancement

Dear SOPAC Archive Users,

SOPAC has acquired and is installing an additional 1TB of front-end
raid disk storage.  This acquisition makes it possible for SOPAC to
continue to maintain on-line a long (9-year) timeseries of continuous
GPS data and products. There will be approximately 4 hours of scheduled
downtime starting 10am October 29th, 1999 PST, barring any unforseen
technical difficulties.

We appreciate the enormous use of the FTP archive and wish to continue
providing data sets with minimal downtime.

Regards,

SOPAC Data Management Team

Open data policy: SOPAC encourages a free and open data policy for all
continuous GPS sites.

Acknowledgements: The SOPAC data archive is supported by the
Southern California Integrated GPS Network (SCIGN) through funds
from the W. M. Keck Foundation and the U.S. National Science Foundation
(NSF), by the Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC) through U.S.
Geological Survey (USGS) funds, by the University NAVSTAR Consortium
(UNAVCO) through NSF funds, by the California Spatial Reference Center
(CSRC) through NOAA/NOS/National Geodetic Survey (NGS) funds, by SIO's
Joint Institute for Marine Observations (JIMO) through NOAA
Forecast Systems Laboratory (FSL) funds, and by internal Scripps
Institution of Oceanography (SIO) funds.

[Mailed From: Jeffrey Thomas Dean <[email-masked]>]