Subject: [IGSMAIL-2546] Call for Papers
From: Remko Scharroo, Markus Rothacher
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 6:21:58 PDT

IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Oct 27  6:21:58 PDT 1999      Message Number 2546
******************************************************************************

Author: Remko Scharroo, Markus Rothacher
Subject: Call for Papers: EGS-2000 G7 (Satellite Orbits)

European Geophysical Society XXV General Assembly
Nice, France, 25 - 29 April 2000
http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/egsga/nice00/nice00.htm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS
===============

Session: G7

Title:   Satellite Orbits

Satellite orbits are a reference for many space geodetic positioning
techniques. In many applications the orbit determination error is still
the main contributor to the error budget. This makes precise orbit
determination a field of interest from many points of view.
In the last few years in particular the aspect of operational and
near-real time orbit determination has become an issue of increasing
importance (IGS moving towards near-real time orbit delivery; support of
atmosphere missions like CHAMP or COSMIC; on-board orbit processing on
altmeter missions like Envisat and Jason).

This session aims to give an overview of the current state of the art
of precise, operational, and near-real time orbit determination of
geodetic satellites. Within the scope of this topic we particularly
encourage contributions dealing with: combination of various tracking
data for orbit determination (SLR, DORIS, PRARE, GPS, altimetry); impact
of gravity field improvement (also GRACE, GOCE) on orbit determination;
impact of orbit improvement on positioning and navigation (altimetry,
GPS); surface forces on geodetic satellites; operational, fast-delivery
and on-board orbit determination (e.g., DORIS), precise orbit
determination techniques for LEOs using GPS.

Conveners:

Remko Scharroo                              Markus Rothacher
Delft Inst. for Earth-Oriented Space Res.   Forschungseinrichtung Sat.Geo. 
Delft University of Technology              TU Munich
Kluyverweg 1                                Arcisstr. 21 
NL-2629 HS  Delft                           D-80290 Munich
The Netherlands                             Germany
mailto:[email-masked]         mailto:[email-masked]

Submission of Abstracts:

For electronic submission of abstracts and formatting guidelines consult
http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/egsga/41.htm
E-mail correctly formatted abstracts or corresponding PostScript, PDF,
LaTeX or ASCII files to the EGS Office with copies to both conveners.

Note: THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTAL OF ABSTRACTS IS 15 DECEMBER 1999.

No special proceedings of this session are expected.

Registration and Hotel booking:

For registration fees and infomation, read
http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/egsga/28_egs_reg_fees.htm
Please note that there are reduced fees for pre-registration before 30
January 2000 and 31 March 2000.
The deadline for pre-reservation of accommodation is 17 March 2000. Read
http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/egsga/nice00/hotel_booking.htm for info.

Other information about the 25th General Assembly in Nice:

http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/egsga/nice00/nice00.htm

General contact and registration:

EGS Office                                            Tel: +49-5556-1440
Max-Planck-Strasse 13                                 Fax: +49-5556-4709
37191 Katlenburg-Lindau                        mailto:[email-masked]
Germany                           http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/EGS.html

[Mailed From: Markus Rothacher <[email-masked]>]