Subject: [IGSMAIL-2545] Stations YAKZ, BILI, YSSK
From: Grigory Steblov and Mikhail Kogan
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 5:49:53 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Oct 27  5:49:53 PDT 1999      Message Number 2545
******************************************************************************

Author: Grigory Steblov and Mikhail Kogan
Subject: Stations YAKZ, BILI, YSSK

Dear colleagues,

RE: YAKZ
On 20-OCT-99 (doy: 293) a new antenna cable was installed at station YAKZ: 
low-loss Andrew LDF4-50A, 60-meters. This cable is guaranteed
to behave well at temperatures to -60 C occurring in winter. An additional
Ashtech Z-12 receiver was collecting the data from the second antenna set up
30 meters away from the antenna of YAKZ. Such data were collected for 2 days
before and for 2 days after the cable change. This allowed us to detect 
if there was any apparent "change" in the position of YAKZ resulting
from the change of the antenna cable. We will report the result as soon as 
the data are processed.

At the same time, the MET3 meteo package was set up at YAKZ.

RE: BILI
The data from BILI are made available at world data centers about one day
later as compared with other stations operated by RDAAC/Lamont-Doherty
(YAKZ, MAG0, PETP, ARTU, YSSK, TIXI). This happens because the data from
BILI are transferred by direct computer-to-computer link to MAG0 via
the dialup telephone line. We expect the acceleration in the data transfer
from BILI after the internet satellite link is installed there.

RE: YSSK
After 18-OCT-99 (doy: 291), the files for three dates are incomplete 
or missing at YSSK. We are working on the reason with the operator at YSSK.

Regards,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grigory M. Steblov                    
RDAAC                                 E-mail   : [email-masked]
101 Prospekt Vernadskogo              Telephone: +1-7096-906-7919 
Building 1, Office 303                Fax      : +1-7095-434-3249
Moscow 117526 RUSSIA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/                                                                        _/
_/ Mikhail G. Kogan                                                       _/
_/ Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory    E-mail   : [email-masked] _/
_/ P.O. Box 1000 / 61, Route 9W        Telephone: 914-365-8882            _/
_/ Palisades, NY 10964 USA             Fax      : 914-365-8150            _/ 
_/                                                                        _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

[Mailed From: Mikhail Kogan <[email-masked]>]