Subject: [IGSMAIL-2543] Position available at the Earthquake Research Institute
From: Teruyuki Kato
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:17:08 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Oct 26 22:17:08 PDT 1999      Message Number 2543
******************************************************************************

Author: Teruyuki Kato
Subject: Position available at the Earthquake Research Institute

The Earthquake Prediction Research Center, Earthquake Research Institute
(ERI), The University of Tokyo, is seeking a position of research associate
in the field of numerical simulation using GPS and other crustal deformation
data. A Ph.D. or equivalent degree is required at the time of appointment.
Technical experience for GPS and other field observations is not necessary.
This position is available soon after our selection procedure.
　Candidates with research interests in areas of forecasting crustal
activities from numerical simulation and observing crustal activities by
geodetic techniques are welcome. The successful candidate is expected to
participate in the earthquake prediction program in ERI to propose "ERI
model" of forecasting crustal activities, as well as to participate in the
field observations by GPS and other geodetic techniques.
  We welcome candidates challenging to open a new era in the field of
earthquake prediction studies in Japan and to lead Japanese research
communities of crustal deformation.

 Applicants should send a curriculum vitae, list of publications, reprints
of representative papers, statements of research experience (500 words) and
future research plans (500 words) at Earthquake Research Institute, and the
names and addresses of two references to Personnel Manager, Earthquake
Research Institute, University of Tokyo, 1-1-1 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
113-0032 Japan.

   The deadline for applications is December 17, 1999.

   Questions about the position may be directed to Prof. Takaya Iwasaki
Email: [email-masked]

============================================
Teruyuki Kato (Secretary for GPS99 Symposium)
Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo
1-1, Yayoi 1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0032
Phone: +81-3-5802-8644 or +81-3-5841-5730
Cell phone: 090-1538-2699
Fax:     +81-3-5689-7234
e-mail:  [email-masked]
ERI homepage: http://www.eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp/
GPS99 homepage: http://wwwsoc.nacsis.ac.jp/geod-soc/gpssymp/
============================================

[Mailed From: Teruyuki Kato <[email-masked]>]