Subject: [IGSMAIL-2541] Ultra Rapid Products (IGU) available from GFZ
From: Gerd Gendt
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 3:22:19 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Oct 26  3:22:19 PDT 1999      Message Number 2541
******************************************************************************

Author: Gerd Gendt
Subject: Ultra Rapid Products (IGU) available from GFZ

Dear colleagues,

at the last IGS Analysis Center Workshop it was decided to generate ultra
rapid products (named igu) twice a day.  We would like to inform you that
this week GFZ has started to offer such a product.  
Everybody who is interested in can find the following files in:

          ftp.gfz-potsdam.de/pub/igsprod/igu/w????/
	  Files:  gfu?????.sp3   gfu?????.erp
          (the files are  usually ready at 02.30 and 14.30 UT)

Each sp3-file contains the orbits for 48 hours (starting at 00 UT or 12
UT), where the predicted orbits are beginning after 24 hours (what is
marked in a Comment line). The orbits are continuous, based on a long-arc
fit through the sp3-files from the last two days.

The distribution of hourly sites is not yet optimal. However, with the
steadily growing number of hourly sites the situation will improve soon
and so the quality of the new product will be better in near future.
Compared to the IGR-orbits the first 24 hours (covered with data) and the
first 12 hours of the prediction have a quality of 6-10 cm and 10-15 cm,
respectively.

If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

Gerd Gendt 

******************************************************************************
*  _/_/_/  _/_/_/_/_/_/  Gerd Gendt            Phone : ++49 331 288 1114     *
* _/       _/       _/   GeoForschungsZentrum  Fax   : ++49 331 288 1111     *
* _/ _/_/  _/_/    _/    Aufgabenbereich 1     E-Mail: [email-masked]  *
* _/    _/ _/     _/     Telegrafenberg A17                                  *
*  _/_/_/  _/    _/_/_/  D-14473 Potsdam       AFTP  : \ftp.gfz-potsdam.de  *
*                        GERMANY                         /pub/igsprod        *
*                            WWW: http://www.gfz-potsdam.de/pb1/IGS/IGS.html *
******************************************************************************

[Mailed From: Gerd Gendt <[email-masked]>]