Subject: [IGSMAIL-2536] Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999
From: Dr. Joachim Feltens
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 6:01:49 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Oct 19  6:01:49 PDT 1999      Message Number 2536
******************************************************************************

Author: Dr. Joachim Feltens
Subject: Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999

subject: Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999

Dr. Joachim Feltens                               Darmstadt, 19 October
1999
IGS Ionosphere Working Group Chairman
EDS at ESOC-FDD
Robert-Bosch-Strasse 5
D-64293 Darmstadt
GERMANY

Subject: Solar eclipse on 11 August 1999

Dear IGS colleagues, dear colleagues from the ground stations,

Ms. Carey Noll from CDDIS has now prepared the final version of a table
listing
all the ground stations which contributed with high sampling rate GPS data
to
the solar eclipse campaign on 11 August. This table contains a total of 55
sta-
tions being distributed over North America, Europe and Asia. The data are
avail-
able at CDDIS through FTP.

This large amount of data will be of great value for the ionosphere
community;
it will allow for intensive studies, analyses and interpretations of
ionospheric
behavior, phenomena, and perhaps help to improve the knowledge about the
ionosphere's characteristics and physics. The ionosphere community will
need
months or even years to evaluate and analyse this large amount of data and
to
publish the results obtained.

On behalf of the ionosphere community and as chairman of the IGS Ionosphere
Working Group I wish to express my deep thanks to all of you for your kind
co-
operation and support.

Yours sincerely,      Joachim

[Mailed From: ESA]