Subject: [IGSMAIL-2527] EGS 2000 Time Series Symposium
From: T. van Dam
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:07:22 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Oct 14 12:07:22 PDT 1999      Message Number 2527
******************************************************************************

Author: T. van Dam
Subject: EGS 2000 Time Series Symposium

                         EUROPEAN GEOPHYSICAL SOCIETY
                            25th GENERAL ASSEMBLY
                      NICE, FRANCE,  24 - 29 APRIL 2000 

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the following symposium held during
the 25th General Assembly of the European Geophysical Society in Nice, France,
24 - 29 April 2000:

Symposium G5:  Understanding Climate Variablility: Results from analyzing 
               Geodetic Observations and Their Impacts
Convener:  Dr. T. van Dam 
Co-Convener:  Dr. J. Hinderer 

More and more frequently geodetic data are being used to investigate 
long and short term climate variability and its effects.  Recent examples
include the observations of the most recent El nino in VLBI earth orientation
results, GPS observations of ice loading in greenland, and gravity 
observations of water table variability. The convenors of this session
seek contributions that demonstrate the ability of geodetic techniques to 
monitor or infer past climate variability and its impacts on such 
physical parameters as ice sheet mass, sea level rise, 
continental hydrology, as well as post-glacial rebound.

Please submit the abstract of your presentation with the desired presentation
form (oral or poster) to the EGS office and send a copy to the coveners

                          before 15 December 1999.

Further information about the meeting and details on the abstract format and
submission can be found on the web page

       http://www.copernicus.org/EGS/egsga/nice00/nice00.htm 

Sincerely yours,

T. van Dam
J. Hinderer

[Mailed From: "Angelyn W. Moore" <[email-masked]>]