Subject: [IGSMAIL-2526] Site Information Manager v1.0 Online
From: Paul F. Jamason and Michael Scharber
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:16:22 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Oct 13 14:16:22 PDT 1999      Message Number 2526
******************************************************************************

Author: Paul F. Jamason and Michael Scharber
Subject: Site Information Manager v1.0 Online

Subject: Site Information Manager v1.0 Online

Dear Colleagues,

The SOPAC Site Information Manager (SIM) v1.0 is now available for use at
http://lox.ucsd.edu/whatsNew.  This web-based database application provides
public anonymous read-access to permanent GPS site information contained in
the SOPAC database.  In addition, secured users possess write-access to the
database for efficient management of information describing their GPS sites.

Main user features of the SIM include:

1) Generation of both new and updated IGS-compatible site logs for secured
users

2) Help pages providing SIM documentation and links to relevant web pages

3) Single-click sites-by-array listings

4) Image display capability

5) IGS-compliant receiver, antenna, and antenna cover codes

6) Pull-down menus for other equipment, with model and manufacturer

7) Tracking of relevant site information not contained in IGS logs

The SIM was designed to provide the GPS community with the ability to
quickly produce and maintain error-free site logs, and we look forward to
any use and/or feedback regarding this application.

Persons responsible for maintaining site information for their respective
array may obtain secured user access to the SOPAC database by contacting
the SOPAC archive at [email-masked].

Acknowledgements: The SOPAC data archive is supported as part of the
Southern California Integrated GPS Network (SCIGN) project through funds
from the W.M. Keck Foundation and the U.S. National Science Foundation
(NSF), by the Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC) through US
Geological Survey (USGS) funds, by the University NAVSTAR Consortium
(UNAVCO) through NSF funds, by the California Spatial Reference Center
(CSRC) through NOAA/NOS' National Geodetic Survey (NGS) funds, and by
Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO).

Thank you,
SOPAC Data Management Team

[Mailed From: Paul Jamason <[email-masked]>]