Subject: [IGSMAIL-2525] USNO receiver change
From: Jim Ray
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:11:52 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Oct 13 11:11:52 PDT 1999      Message Number 2525
******************************************************************************

Author: Jim Ray
Subject: USNO receiver change

On 14 October 1999, the USNO receiver at the U.S. Naval Observatory,
Washington, DC, USA will be changed from an AOA ROGUE SNR-12 RM (s/n T246)
to a retrofitted AOA SNR-12 ACT (s/n 245-U).  At the same time, the
antenna cable will be replaced.  The cable type remains the same as before:
Andrew FSJ1-50A phase stabilized with very low temperature sensitivity.
The cable is being replaced with one whose electrical length has been
very accurately measured.

The data download and RINEX translation procedures for USNO conform to
the recommendations of IGS Mail 2320 (24 June 1999) for handling mixed
receiver types.

An updated site log will be sent to the IGS Central Bureau after the
changes are completed.

=========================================================================
Jim Ray                                   e-mail: [email-masked]
U.S. Naval Observatory, EO Dept.          phone : 202-762-1444
3450 Massachusetts Avenue, NW             fax   : 202-762-1563
Washington, DC  20392-5420
=========================================================================

[Mailed From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <[email-masked]>]