Subject: [IGSMAIL-2523] Less than one week until GPS99 Symposium
From: Teruyuki Kato
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 4:13:42 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Oct 12  4:13:42 PDT 1999      Message Number 2523
******************************************************************************

Author: Teruyuki Kato
Subject: Less than one week until GPS99 Symposium

Dear Colleagues,

The International Symposium on GPS - Application to Earth Sciences and
Interaction with Other Space Geodetic Techniques - (in part, joint with the
Third International Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Space Geodynamics Program)
will be open on next Monday, October 18th, in Tsukuba, Japan.

The latest agenda is available at our homepage:

http://wwwsoc.nacsis.ac.jp/geod-soc/gpssymp/

First of all, we, on behalf of the LOC of the symposium, aplogize all who
are planning to attend the symposium, that our recent accident at the
nuclear power plant created big fear and worry about their trip to Japan. It
is our pleasure to notify, however, that everything is now back to normal
except inside the factory that created the accident. Tsukuba is about 50km
southwest and have had no effect by this accident. So, please do not worry
about the aftereffect of the accident. However, please feel free to ask us
any question on this matter. We would try our best to provide you as much
information on this accident as possible.

Secondly, considering recent big earthquakes, we have organized a special
poster session on Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21, for these recent earthquakes.
Considered earthquakes are Turkey (August 17; M7.4), Greece (September 7;
M5.6), Taiwan (September 21; M7.6) and Mexico (September30; M7.5)
earthquakes. Any of participants who has information on these earthquakes is
invited to raise posters or notes on the designated area in the
Multi-purpose Convention Hall (1F).

We are looking forward to seeing all of participants to the symposium very
soon in Tsukuba.

Best wishes,

Teruyuki Kato

============================================
Teruyuki Kato (Secretary for GPS99 Symposium)
Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo
1-1, Yayoi 1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0032
Phone: +81-3-5802-8644 or +81-3-5841-5730
Cell phone: 090-1538-2699
Fax:     +81-3-5689-7234
e-mail:  [email-masked]
ERI homepage: http://www.eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp/
GPS99 homepage: http://wwwsoc.nacsis.ac.jp/geod-soc/gpssymp/
============================================

[Mailed From: Teruyuki Kato <[email-masked]>]