Subject: [IGSMAIL-2519] BILI
From: Grigory Steblov and Mikhail Kogan
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:30:08 PDT

IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Oct  8 13:30:08 PDT 1999      Message Number 2519
******************************************************************************

Author: Grigory Steblov and Mikhail Kogan
Subject: BILI: A new station

Subject: BILI: A new station

     RUSEG (Russia-US Experiment in Geodynamics by GPS Technology)
                 Northern Eurasia Deformation Array
   RDAAC - COMSP Russ. Acad. Sci./Lamont-Doherty Earth Obs./IRIS/JPL
 ***********************************************************************
ADVISORY:

Dear colleagues,

Since 5-SEP-99, the data are available at IGS global data centers from new
station BILI (lat=68.1N, lon=166.4E) located at northeast Arctic Siberia,
Chukotka Peninsula, about 1000 km to the west of the Bering Strait.

BILI lies about midway between TIXI in the Arctic Siberia and FAIR in Alaska.
It is collocated with the GSN seismic station as six other IGS stations operated
within the framework of RUSEG: YAKZ, MAG0, TIXI, PETP, YSSK, and ARTU.
To our knowledge, BILI is the single IGS station in the Asian continent 
which is located within stable part of North American plate.

The BILI log file is available at IGS web site and at RDAAC web site
(http://ria.ipmnet.ru).

========================================================================
Grigory M. Steblov                    
RDAAC                                 E-mail   : [email-masked]
101 Prospekt Vernadskogo              Telephone: +1-7095-434-3249 
Building 1, Office 303                Fax      : +1-7095-434-3249
Moscow 117526 RUSSIA
========================================================================

========================================================================
Mikhail G. Kogan                     
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory      E-mail   : [email-masked]
P.O. Box 1000 / 61, Route 9W          Telephone: 914-365-8882  
Palisades, NY 10964 USA               Fax      : 914-365-8150
========================================================================

[Mailed From: Mikhail Kogan <[email-masked]>]