Subject: [IGSMAIL-2501] Continuous GPS positioning of tide gauges - Survey
From: Guy Woppelmann and Claude Boucher
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 3:25:47 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Oct  1  3:25:47 PDT 1999      Message Number 2501
******************************************************************************

Author: Guy Woppelmann and Claude Boucher
Subject: Continuous GPS positioning of tide gauges - Survey

Dear IGS Colleagues,

Following the recent GLOSS, EOSS, IGS and EUREF meetings, we
try to identify the permanent GPS stations which are close to tide
gauges (up to ~10 km), existing or planned.

Most permanent GPS are committed to IGS but some do not, like
Dumont d'Urville, etc.

In order to establish a more complete list, we ask you kindly to
reply and add to this message the permanent GPS stations which you
know fulfill this vicinity criteria. Don't worry if we receive
redundant information from other colleagues.
Please, send the information to the following address:
  [email-masked]

Those who are interested in this survey will naturally receive
the collected results. We plan to put the list on the web.

The list will be helpful for the EOSS (B.Richter) and IGS (M.Bevis)
working groups on continuous GPS positioning of tide gauges, as well
as for the definition of the ITRF2000 network.

Many thanks for your support,
Guy Woppelmann and Claude Boucher

---
Column 1,2,3 are the longitude, latitude and name of the GPS station
(the only information requested) the others are codes (IGS/EUREF,
GLOSS and PSMSL, dont bother...).

Column 1,2,3 are the longitude, latitude and name of the GPS station
(the only information requested) the others are codes (IGS/EUREF,
GLOSS and PSMSL, dont bother...).

Active continuous GPS at tide gauges (61) :
   -2.08    57.15   ABERDEEN           ----  ---/170011     UK
   -0.48    38.34   ALICANTE           ALAC  ---/220051     SPAIN
   16.15    69.32   ANDENES            ----  ---/040041     NORWAY
  -14.41    -7.95   ASCENSION          ASC1  263/402001     U.K.
  -59.61    13.09   BARBADOS           BARB  ---/910021     BARBADOS
  -64.70    32.37   BERMUDA            BRMU  221/950011     U.K.
   -4.50    48.38   BREST              BRST  242/190091     FRANCE
    8.97    39.14   CAGLIARI           CAGL  ---/240011     ITALY
   -9.42    38.69   CASCAIS            CASC  246/210021     PORTUGAL
  -94.09    58.76   CHURCHILL          CHUR  ---/970141     CANADA
   96.83   -12.18   COCOS_ISLAND       COCO  046/680521     AUSTRALIA
   77.97   -68.58   DAVIS              DAV1  277/  A046     AUSTRALIA
   72.37    -7.27   DIEGO_GARCIA       DGAR  026/453004     U.K.
   23.90    38.10   DIONYSOS           ----  ---/------     GREECE
  140.00   -66.67   DUMONT_D'URVILLE   ----  ---/------     FRANCE
 -109.38   -27.15   EASTERN_IS.        EISL  137/810002     CHILE
  -38.43    -3.88   FORTALEZA          FORT  ---/874151     BRAZIL
    8.92    44.42   GENOVA             GENO  ---/250011     ITALY
  144.87    13.59   GUAM               GUAM  149/701001     GUAM
 -120.68    34.47   HARVEST            HARV  ---/------     USA
   24.97    60.15   HELSINKI           ----  ---/060351     FINLAND
  147.44   -42.81   HOBART             HOB2  ---/680201     AUSTRALIA
   70.25   -49.35   KERGUELEN          KERG  023/434001     FRANCE
  167.73     8.72   KWAJALEIN          KWJ1  111/720011     MARSHALL IS.
   -8.40    43.36   LA_CORUNA          ACOR  243/200031     SPAIN
 -117.25    32.86   LA_JOLLA           SIO3  159/823071     USA
   12.60    35.50   LAMPEDUSA          LAMP  ---/------     ITALY
  -57.93   -34.91   LA_PLATA           LPGS  ---/860131     ARGENTINA
   -3.00    53.42   LIVERPOOL          ----  ---/170214     UK
    1.75    52.47   LOWESTOFT          ----  ---/170068     UK
  158.94   -54.50   MACQUARIE          MAC1  130/680208     AUSTRALIA
  121.08    14.64   MANILA             PIMO  073/660011     PHILIPPINES
    5.35    43.28   MARSEILLE          MARS  205/230051     FRANCE
    8.65    63.87   MAUSUNDVAER        ----  ---/------     NORWAY
  166.67   -77.84   MCMURDO            MCM4  ---/--A061     AUSTRALIA
 -124.09    49.29   NANOOSE            NANO  ---/822033     CANADA
  103.68     1.35   NANYANG            NTUS  ---/555031     SINGAPORE
   -5.54    50.10   NEWLYN             ----  241/170161     UK
  166.41   -22.27   NOUMEA             NOUM  123/740001     FRANCE
   11.87    78.92   NY_ALESUND         NYA1  ---/025021     NORWAY
   10.37    59.74   OSLO               OSLO  ---/040321     NORWAY
  115.89   -31.80   PERTH              PERT  ---/680472     AUSTRALIA
  158.61    53.07   PETROPAVLOVSK      PETP  093/630021     RUSSIA
  -21.96    64.14   REYKJAVIK          REYK  229/010001     ICELAND
   24.06    56.95   RIGA               RIGA  ---/080061     LATVIA
  -67.75   -53.79   RIO GRANDE         RIOG  ---/860004     ARGENTINA
   -6.21    36.46   SAN_FERNANDO       SFER  ---/------     SPAIN
   55.48    -4.67   SEYCHELLES         SEY1  273/442007     SEYCHELLES
    0.75    51.45   SHEERNESS          ----  ---/170101     UK
    5.60    59.02   STAVANGER          STAV  ---/040261     NORWAY
  -64.58    17.76   ST._CROIX          CRO1  ---/939011     USA
  -52.81    47.59   ST._JOHN'S         STJO  223/970121     CANADA
 -149.61   -17.58   TAHITI             THTI  140/780011     FRANCE
  121.54    25.02   TAIPEI             TAIW  ---/612001     TAIWAN
    5.22    53.37   TERSCHELLING       TERS  ---/150011     NETHERLANDS
   18.94    69.66   TROMSOE            TROM  ---/040031     NORWAY
   21.77    62.97   VAASA              VAAS  ---/060051     FINLAND
   31.03    70.34   VARDOE             VARD  ---/040001     NORWAY
   12.33    45.44   VENEZIA            VENE  ---/270031     ITALY
   18.30    57.60   VISBY              VIS0  ---/------     SWEDEN
  174.83   -36.60   WHANGAPARAOA       AUCK  127/690001     NEW ZEALAND

[Mailed From: Guy Woppelmann <[email-masked]>]