Subject: [IGSMAIL-2495] Log & RINEX checking, SINEX, and status files
From: Angelyn Moore
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:28:54 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Sep 28 15:28:54 PDT 1999      Message Number 2495
******************************************************************************

Author: Angelyn Moore
Subject: Log & RINEX checking, SINEX, and status files

Dear IGS Colleagues,

This email is to tell you about improved software at the CBIS which
is more diligently enforcing IGS standards for site logs & RINEX headers.
It brings with it some changes to summary files you may be familiar with.

One program is now responsible for the following tasks:
- daily SINEX template generation
- producing a daily report of log format problems
- producing a daily report of RINEX header problems, including failing to
  agree with site log fields
- emailing log & RINEX problems to site operators on a weekly basis
- scanning logs emailed to the auto-submission email aliases.

Previously these functions were scattered among several programs,
producing a configuration management nightmare.  Now we are guaranteed
to have the same standards applied to current logs, incoming new logs,
and RINEX headers.

Site operators will soon be enjoying the first round of emails, to
be followed by regular Sunday emails of any lingering errors.  I
apologize that some operators are having to repeat log updates due to 
the old programs not finding some of the problems.  Since we have the
scanning in better shape now I sincerely hope this is the last of the 
changes for a very long time!

Summaries of these emails will be available in 
ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/general/igs.snx.emails for
analysts to confirm that operators have been notified of any problems.

The daily error list is in 
ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/general/igs.snx.err

The old file ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/general/rinex.err
is now replaced by the above two files.

SINEX template remains at 
ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/general/igs.snx

If you experience any problems with these functions, please do let
me know.

Best regards,
Angie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Angelyn W. Moore, Ph.D.              Deputy Director, IGS Central Bureau 
 JPL/Caltech                                 [email-masked]
 4800 Oak Grove Dr. MS 238-540                     voice: +1 818 354 5434 
 Pasadena CA 91109 USA   http://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov   fax: +1 818 393 6686

[Mailed From: "Angelyn W. Moore" <[email-masked]>]