Subject: [IGSMAIL-2488] CDDIS Operations Back to "Normal"
From: Carey Noll/CDDIS
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 8:48:43 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Mon Sep 20  8:48:43 PDT 1999      Message Number 2488
******************************************************************************

Author: Carey Noll/CDDIS
Subject: CDDIS Operations Back to "Normal"

Subject: CDDIS Operations Back to "Normal"

As was previously announced, the CDDIS computer facility
(cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov) experienced a disk failure a few weeks ago.  We
had set up a temporary area where users could retrieve recent data and
products (ftp://cddisa.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/gpstemp) while the filesystem
was being restored.  A majority of data and products have now been
restored and we are ready to return to our "normal" directory setup.
Daily and hourly RINEX data files and IGS products can be found under
the /gps filesystem now.  For another week or so we will maintain the
temporary disk area while users transition their software back to the
/gps filesystem. Of course we regret all the confusion our problems have
caused the user community as well as the very lengthy process it has
taken for us to return to a more normal state. 

Carey and Maury.

[Mailed From: Carey Noll <[email-masked]>]