Subject: [IGSMAIL-2486] Naming of GPS/GLONASS files
From: W. Gurtner
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 5:35:06 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Fri Sep 17  5:35:06 PDT 1999      Message Number 2486
******************************************************************************

Author: W. Gurtner
Subject: Naming of GPS/GLONASS files

Regarding IGSMail No 2485 "Hourly data from Z-18":

There is currently no naming convention defined to distinguish between
RINEX files containing GPS only, mixed GPS/GLONASS or GLONASS only
observations. The distinction is done in the first line of the file header.

The data flow of the IGEX-98 campaign has been (and still is) kept separate
from the IGS data flow. Currently no GLONASS or GPS/GLONASS files appear in
IGS directories at the IGS Data Centers. Until further notice this status
should certainly be maintained.

If Z-18 or JPS receivers are to be used on IGS markers, I assume that the
GLONASS data has to be filtered from the RINEX files prior to upload to
IGS Data Centers and that receiver and antenna names have to be in
agreement with the IGS table (which is different from the IGEX list adopted
in October 1998).

Werner Gurtner

[Mailed From: [email-masked] (WERNER GURTNER)]