Subject: [IGSMAIL-2479] Scientific program for GPS Symposium in Tsukuba
From: Teruyuki Kato
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 2:21:34 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Sep  8  2:21:34 PDT 1999      Message Number 2479
******************************************************************************

Author: Teruyuki Kato
Subject: Scientific program for GPS Symposium in Tsukuba

Dear colleague,

The scientific program for the International Symposium on GPS - Application
to Earth Sciences and Interaction with Other Space Geodetic Techniques - to
be held in October 18-22, 1999, in Tsukuba, Japan, is now available on our
web page:

http://wwwsoc.nacsis.ac.jp/geod-soc/gpssymp/

The Symposium is partly joint with the Asia-Pacific Space Geodynamics
Program. IAG (CSTG Commission)  and IGS are sponsoring the symposium. More
than 300 papers will be read in 14 sessions:

Session 1: Permanent GPS arrays, current and future (Y. Bock and Y. Hatanaka)
Session 2: GPS meteorology: atmospheric sensing with ground and space-based
GPS receivers (B. Kuo, M. Bevis, Y. Bar-Sever, R. Ware, N. Mannoji, and T.
Tsuda)
Session 3: A new view of the tectonic deformations in the Pacific and Asia
using space geodetic techniques (joint with APSG) (S.-B. Yu, J. Freymueller,
T. Tabei, and M. Kasahara)
Session 4: Determination and interpretation of global and regional plate
motions deduced from space geodetic techniques (K. Larson, and K. Heki)
Session 5: Combination of space geodetic techniques for global dynamics and
reference frames (T. Herring, Z. Altamimi, S. Matsuzaka, and Y. Takahashi)
Session 6: Space and terrestrial techniques for advanced crustal deformation
research (W. Prescott, F. Webb, S. Shimada, and T. Matsushima)
Session 7: Application of GPS for monitoring Earth's environmental and
global sea level change (E. R. Ivins, and Y. Tamura)
Session 8: Application of GPS for ionospheric research and impact of solar
maximum for GPS measurements (R. Langley, and A. Saito)
Session 9: Modeling of the crustal process based on GPS measurements (P.
Segall, M. Hashimoto, and T. Sagiya)
Session 10: Theory and methodology of GPS and other space techniques (P.
Teunissen, and P. Xu)
Session 11: Kinematic application of GPS technology to Earth sciences (O.
Colombo, and T. Yabuki)
Session 12: Issues of data quality management and hardware/software
technological problems in GPS (J. L. Davis, P. Fang, and A. Yasuda)
Session 13: GPS for gravity field and geoid determination (R. Forsberg, and
Y. Fukuda)
Session 14: Innovative developments in GPS geodesy in support of the Earth
sciences (C. Rizos and S. Nakao)

In addition APSG Plenary sessions (Ye, Manning and Murakami) and Tutorial
sessions (Heki, Kato, Rothacher and Neilan) are planned.
Please visit our homepage for further details. Registration forms are also
available through it. If you need hard copy of the third circular that
includes the program, please request to the GPS99 office shown below.
We would like to encourage all of you to attend this symposium.

Teruyuki Kato

============================================
Teruyuki Kato (Secretary for GPS99 Symposium)
Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo
1-1, Yayoi 1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0032
Phone: +81-3-5802-8644 or +81-3-5841-5730
Cell phone: 090-1538-2699
Fax:     +81-3-5689-7234
e-mail:  [email-masked]
ERI homepage: http://www.eri.u-tokyo.ac.jp/
GPS99 homepage: http://wwwsoc.nacsis.ac.jp/geod-soc/gpssymp/
============================================

[Mailed From: Teruyuki Kato <[email-masked]>]