Subject: [IGSMAIL-2477] Job opening at JPL
From: Tony Mannucci and George Hajj
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:43:23 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Sep  7 15:43:23 PDT 1999      Message Number 2477
******************************************************************************

Author: Tony Mannucci and George Hajj
Subject: Job opening at JPL

Dear Colleagues:

Please find below an announcement for a technical staff position at the Jet
Propulsion Laboratory in the areas of atmospheric/ionospheric remote
sensing with GPS.  Please forward to any appropriate individuals.

OPEN POSITION:  Technical Staff

REQUIRES: Experience in atmospheric and/or ionospheric remote sensing. Very
strong background in physics, aerospace or electrical engineering.
Excellent programming and analytical skills.  Hands-on experience with
data. Effective teamwork skills.

DESIRES: Ph.D. degree in Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Geomatics,
Atmospheric Science, Space Physics, Geophysics, Remote Sensing,
Meteorology, or a similar discipline. Experience with GPS signal modeling.
Familiarity with one or more of the following: radio occultation techniques
and applications, advanced data assimilation methods, total electron
content mapping, tomographic imaging of ionospheric electron density, or
similar research areas. Knowledge of physics and climate of the atmosphere
and/or ionosphere.

WILL: Work on research and development efforts to advance GPS atmospheric
sounding technology. Develop data assimilation models for the ionosphere.
Develop and implement data-driven techniques for characterizing the
ionospheric electron density distribution, including total electron content
mapping and tomographic imaging. Process and analyze data from a variety of
GPS receiver platforms, ground and space-based. Explore and support the
application of GPS atmospheric sounding or ionospheric data to outstanding
problems in atmospheric science, space science, meteorology, climatology,
geophysics and the ionosphere.

U.S. permanent residency or citizenship is required.

Regards,

--
 Tony Mannucci,                          Mail-Stop 138-308B,
 Tel > (818) 354-1699                    Jet Propulsion Laboratory,
 Fax > (818) 393-5115                    California Institute of Technology,
 Internet > [email-masked]   4800 Oak Grove Drive,
 http://sideshow.jpl.nasa.gov/gpsiono    Pasadena, CA 91109

 -------
| George Hajj
| JPL  M/S 238-600
| 4800 Oak Grove Dr. Pasadean, CA 91109
| Voice 818-354-3112; Fax 818-393-4965
| [email-masked]

[Mailed From: Tony Mannucci <[email-masked]>]