Subject: [IGSMAIL-2467] ARTU and YSSK
From: Grigory Steblov and Mikhail Kogan
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 11:55:34 PDT

IGS Electronic Mail      Wed Sep  1 11:55:34 PDT 1999      Message Number 2467
******************************************************************************

Author: Grigory Steblov and Mikhail Kogan
Subject: ARTU and YSSK: New stations

Please be advised that two new permanent GPS stations have been installed 
in Russia:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARTU (lon= 58.6E; lat=56.4N) at the Urals Ridge, the suture dividing Europe
     and Asia.
YSSK (lon=142.7E, lat=47.0N) at Sakhalin Island, Eurasia - North America
     plate boundary in the Sea of Okhotsk / Sea of Japan region.

ARTU and YSSK are supervised by RDAAC (Moscow) in collaboration with
     Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, as four other stations in Siberia:
     YAKZ, MAG0, TIXI, and PETP.

All six stations are directly connected to Internet. The data are downloaded
in an automated regime, and retrieved to the central computer of RDAAC
shortly after UTC midnight. Two stations, MAG0 and PETP are equipped with 
MET3 meteo systems, other four will be equipped later this autumn.

Station log files are available at the IGS Web site and 
at the RDAAC Web site (http://ria.ipmnet.ru).

========================================================================
Grigory M. Steblov                    
RDAAC                                 E-mail   : [email-masked]
101 Prospekt Vernadskogo              Telephone: +1-7095-434-3249 
Building 1, Office 303                Fax      : +1-7095-434-3249
Moscow 117526 RUSSIA
========================================================================

************************************************************************
Mikhail G. Kogan                     
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory      E-mail   : [email-masked]
P.O. Box 1000 / 61, Route 9W          Telephone: 914-365-8882  
Palisades, NY 10964 USA               Fax      : 914-365-8150
************************************************************************

[Mailed From: Mikhail Kogan <[email-masked]>]