Subject: [IGSMAIL-2451] SCIGN-EOW
From: Shannon J. Van Wyk
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:02:15 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Aug 24 18:02:15 PDT 1999      Message Number 2451
******************************************************************************

Author: Shannon J. Van Wyk
Subject: SCIGN-EOW 

Subject:  EOW/W1K rollover

Dear IGS Colleagues,

We are proud to announce the status of SCIGN with the EOW/W1K rollover. All 
SCIGN stations are running properly with good rinex time tags and headers.  An 
immediate run of data using GAMIT after the rollover resulted with clean data 
and good positions.  I checked several other SCIGN sites and all receivers are 
showing GPS week 1024 and are tracking satellites.      

SCIGN's firmware upgrades began the early part this summer after the testing of 
CC00 firmware. All receivers running 1E95, 1F50 and CB00 firmwares were upgraded 
to CC00.  This was done either through a remote firmware upload, direct firmware 
upload, and/or receiver swaps.  The receiver swaps were done on stations 
running 1E95 and 1F50 because the firmwares requires a C option for the CC00 
upgrade.  Recently, Ashtech released another firmware, CD00, for the EOW/W1k 
rollover.  This firmware bypasses the required C option for receivers running 
firmwares previous to CB00. This firmware has not been tested as of yet.

Thirty-eight remote upgrades were done by the SCIGN-USGS between 28June1999 and 
20August1999.  Approximately, 16 of these remote uploads failed within 3 to 9 
days after the uploads. Somehow, the connection between the modem and receiver 
was lost along with the modem initialization string. I'll be creating a web page 
in more detail about this problem in the near future.  

The other 110 sites were upgraded either directly or by swapping the receivers.  
These include the Turbo Rogue swaps at CARR and CAT1. All information regarding 
the upgrades should be found in the site logs, if not, they will be updated 
soon.  The only sites not upgraded are SPMX and SNI1.  Visits to these site are 
planned for this week. 

Thanks to all who dedicated their summer towards the success of the rollover!

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.

Best Regards,

Shannon J. Van Wyk   

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon Van Wyk
USGS-Pasadena
525 S. Wilson Avenue
Pasadena, CA  91106

Tel:  1.626.583.7818
Fax:  1.626.583.7827
Pager: 1.818.542.2398
email:  [email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Mailed From: Shannon Van Wyk <[email-masked]>]