Subject: [IGSMAIL-2450] Missing EPH blocks in Conan Binary data have been found
From: Herb Dragert
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:59:48 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Aug 24 14:59:48 PDT 1999      Message Number 2450
******************************************************************************

Author: Herb Dragert
Subject: Missing EPH blocks in Conan Binary data have been found

After detailed examination of our Conan Binary data handling procedures to
trace down the "missing EPH blocks" problem reported in IGS Mail Message
#2440, we have established that the source of the problem was a
non-compliant portion of code within our own Conan Binary translator for
EPH data which rejected "out-of-sequence" data. (Sometimes it takes a while
to discover the obvious........)

The conclusion we draw is that Conan Binary data from Vs 3.2.32.8 is
complete with the caveat that the time tag on EPH blocks from this firmware
simply requires modification by any translator to restore the true GPS week
count and the correct date in the Rinex navigation files.  We ( like Dave
Stowers IGS Mail #2449) also find that "teqc" handles the Rinex translation
correctly for Conan Binary data from Firmware Vs. 3.2.32.8  (Way to go, Lou
.......)

Herb Dragert
Pacific Geoscience Centre
[email-masked]

[Mailed From: Herb Dragert <[email-masked]>]