Subject: [IGSMAIL-2449] JPL w1k rollover configuration and experience
From: Dave Stowers
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:08:28 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Aug 24 12:08:28 PDT 1999      Message Number 2449
******************************************************************************

Author: Dave Stowers
Subject: JPL w1k rollover configuration and experience

Dear Colleagues,

The JPL-generated RINEX products (nav and obs) are being produced 
using the following configuration:

TurboRogue Firmware: v3.2.32.8
TurboRogue offload format: mostly TurboBinary
                           some ConanBinary (auck, iisc, thu1)
                           *Note that nav files are now available for
                           the sites which offloaded ConanBinary data.
TurboRogue to RINEX obs translator: rx v3.8
TurboRogue to RINEX nav translator: teqc 1999Jul19
                                    (implemented prior to d235)

Benchmark or ACT update Firmware: v3.3.32.2
Benchmark or ACT offload format: TurboBinary
Benchmark or ACT to RINEX (obs and nav) translator: teqc

It does not immediately appear that there were GPS w1k rollover 
problems with this configuration.

We believe the data to be GPS w1k and RINEX compliant.

If any problems are noted with the JPL-generated RINEX files, 
please contact me.

Best regards,

-dave

For those interested in the grisly ConanBinary offload details, 
below is an example of a site (AUCK) which provided EPH data from the 
first hour's offload of ConanBinary (an excerpt from our offload 
transaction log file):

offload -f 1024/0/0:0:0-1024/0/0:0:3600 .cb
Aux/Modem port selected.
X-Modem protocol selected.
Offloading datatypes: <oxcteahsuplv*q12dif
Output format set to Conan Binary.
-h ht
Searching for data...
Please wait--Flash card index being compiled.
Data Located: c22e6f98
Start Time:  ( 8/22/1999)1024/0/00:00:00
 Stop Time:  ( 8/22/1999)1024/0/01:00:00

TurboRogue>
            portlistner: START FILE TRANSFER NOW!
XMODEM: auck10240ax.cmp starting

TransferStatus: Closing data channel; Mode: CRC; Packet: 173 Retries: 0
22144 bytes sent--effective baud  6813  Baud.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
David Stowers,  JPL/Caltech,  Satellite Geodesy and Geodynamics Systems
4800 Oak Grove Drive, M/S 238-600, Pasadena, CA, USA
Tel. +1 818-354-7055, fax +1 818-393-4965, E-mail [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mailed From: Dave Stowers <[email-masked]>]