Subject: [IGSMAIL-2440] Missing EPH blocks in TurboRogue Conan Binary data
From: Herb Dragert
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 22:42:56 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Sat Aug 21 22:42:56 PDT 1999      Message Number 2440
******************************************************************************

Author: Herb Dragert
Subject: Missing EPH blocks in TurboRogue Conan Binary data

This is a "heads-up" notice to advise the IGS community of possible
problems in the retrieval of Conan Binary data from TurboRogue receivers
since the occurrance of GPS Week Roll-over.

All our TurboRogue SNR-8000 receivers are currently running Firmware
Version 3.2.32.8 and our normal offloads request data in the Conan Binary
format; i.e. our offload commands have a format as follows:
	"offload -tf -h hit .cb <oxe 1024/0/00:00:00-1024/0/03:59:59"
All Conan Binary offloads of the first 4hr data sets for Day 234 from WCDA
sites did not contain any EPH blocks, although explicitely requested.
Consequently, no Rinex navigation files were formed, and data quality
checks which required  broadcast ephemeris data failed.

At this stage it is too early to tell if this problem will continue for
subsequent offloads. Also, it would be useful to know if this problem is
being encountered with all SNR-8000's using the same firmware, or also
TurboRogues using Firmware Vs. 3.2.32.9

A current work-around is to offload data in the Turbo Binary format - this
allowed the full retrieval of all EPH blocks. If someone has a solution
other than this, I would appreciate being informed of it.

Herb Dragert
Pacific Geoscience Centre
[email-masked]

[Mailed From: Herb Dragert <[email-masked]>]