Subject: [IGSMAIL-2428] GOLD, MADR, TIDB shutdown
From: Dave Stowers
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:57:22 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Thu Aug 19 11:57:22 PDT 1999      Message Number 2428
******************************************************************************

Author: Dave Stowers
Subject: GOLD, MADR, TIDB shutdown

Dear colleagues,

After many years of service, the Rogue SNR-8 GPS receivers located at NASA's
Deep Space Network complexes have been retired. Data from sites GOLD, MADR,
and TIDB is available up until some hours into d230, depending on when the 
shutoff occurred at each site. IGS sitelogs indicating the turnoff times will 
be submitted shortly.

When replacement receivers are installed and operational, the four-character 
site names GOLD, MADR, and TIDB will be utilized and updated sitelogs generated.

GPS data from the TurboRogue receivers (GOL2, MAD2, and TID2), which derive 
the GPS RF signal from the same antennae as did the Rogues, will continue 
to be available.

Best regards,

-dave

[Mailed From: Dave Stowers <[email-masked]>]