Subject: [IGSMAIL-2424] Firmware upgrade
From: Grigory Steblov and Mikhail Kogan
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:36:27 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Aug 17 21:36:27 PDT 1999      Message Number 2424
******************************************************************************

Author: Grigory Steblov and Mikhail Kogan
Subject: Firmware upgrade

GPS TRACKER ID: PETP
DOMES No.:      12355M002
LOCATION:       Institute of Volcanology
		Petropavlovsk, Kamchatka, RUSSIA

ADVISORY:

The firmware of the Ashtech Z-12 receiver at PETP was upgraded to version CD00
on DOY 230. 

This receiver replaced the TurboRogue because of problems such as loss of lock
on L2 and loss of tracking at certain hours of the day caused by RF noise
(See IGS mail no. 2392 of 29-JUL-99).

There are no more problems since the replacement.

Regards,

========================================================================
Grigory M. Steblov                    
RDAAC                                 E-mail   : [email-masked]
101 Prospekt Vernadskogo              Telephone: +1-7095-434-3249 
Building 1, Office 303                Fax      : +1-7095-434-3249
Moscow 117526 RUSSIA
========================================================================

========================================================================
Mikhail G. Kogan                     
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory      E-mail   : [email-masked]
P.O. Box 1000 / 61, Route 9W          Telephone: 914-365-8882  
Palisades, NY 10964 USA               Fax      : 914-365-8150
========================================================================

[Mailed From: Mikhail Kogan <[email-masked]>]