Subject: [IGSMAIL-2422] CODE ERP time series based on ITRF97
From: Stefan Schaer and Tim Springer
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 8:25:15 PDT

******************************************************************************
IGS Electronic Mail      Tue Aug 17  8:25:15 PDT 1999      Message Number 2422
******************************************************************************

Author: Stefan Schaer and Tim Springer
Subject: CODE ERP time series based on ITRF97

Dear IGS colleagues,

we have re-computed our complete ERP series, going back to day 200 of 1993,
fixing the coordinates and velocities of up to about 50 IGS sites on their
ITRF97 values. Consequently, the new CODE ERP submissions to the IERS
correspond to our consistent ERP series. This series is available on
our anonymous ftp at:

  ftp://ftp.unibe.ch/aiub/code/iers/code97.erp

Let us mention that we observed a significant improvement for the x and y
component (of approximately 10-20%). No improvement could be noticed for
length of day.

We observed the following differences between our new (ITRF97) and old
(ITRF96) time series (epoch day 200 of 1993):

  PMx    offset -0.23 mas   drift +0.014 mas/yr
  PMy    offset +0.07 mas   drift +0.011 mas/yr

With kind regards,

Stefan Schaer
Tim Springer
CODE Analysis Center

-- 

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Tim Springer                      Astronomical Institute, University of Berne 
 [email-masked]            Sidlerstrasse 5, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland  
 http://www.cx.unibe.ch/aiub/      Tel: +41 31 6318592    Fax: +41 31 6313869
 http://ftp.unibe.ch/aiub
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mailed From: Tim Springer <[email-masked]>]